January is always a great time to set goals, but as life quickly gets in the way, it’s easy to lose our focus and let those goals slip away. Does this sound like you? If so, it’s not too late to still make a difference! Here are a few tips to help you out!
1. Make your goal visible. Print off a picture that displays your goal, or a powerful statement reminding you of your goal, and put it everywhere- the bathroom mirror, the fridge, or next to your computer.
2. Set a deadline. If you are trying to finish a project, or save up for a big trip, give yourself a specific date that you need to meet your goal by. This is a great way to get motivated and will help you work hard as you know you only have so much time left to get where you want to be.
3. Make an effort every day to meet your goal, and keep track of your progress. You could record one positive effort you have made every day in a notebook or tracking journal. Focusing on baby steps will help the goal seem more attainable.
4. Prioritize your time and effort. If your goal is more important to you than your T.V. show, then be willing to put aside some of your “extras” or unnecessary time draining activities to allow you the focus and time you need to complete your goal.
5. Make it happen. The best way to get something done is to get up and do it.